Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Final Weekend (this time its final)

Tuesday night we will know Georgia's Democratic nominee for the U.S. Senate. It will be Vernon Jones or Jim Martin. And this weekend Martin actually decided to get out there and meet those voters!



Can't you just feel the enthusiasm? I mean I get that Martin is maybe just a reserved guy, but to win not only the nomination but a general election matchup versus an incumbent you're gonna need a little (make that a lot) more pizzazz. Jim Martin just is an unappealing politician.

Forget his scandal at DHR for a second, this is just someone I can't feel enthusiastic about going to vote for. People like to talk about the "enthusiasm gap" between Obama and McCain voters, but Jim Martin's "enthusiasm" number must be rock bottom.

All the blogs are talking about how Martin's win is inevitable. Well, I'd like to throw off the conventional wisdom and I will make my own prediction.

Vernon Jones: 53%
Jim Martin : 47%

Count it.

No comments: